Tonight, we made Snickerdoodle Poppers! Oh my, were they yum. I saw this over at Oh, Bite It! and had to try it!! They were pretty easy, too. One tip: If you start dancing around kitchen to old rap songs, you may almost burn them. Not speaking from personal experience or anything… I’m just saying that I can see that happening to someone else.
from Oh, Bite It!
1 tube Pillsbury Grands biscuits
1 box vanilla instant pudding (we used the bigger box, but if you don’t have as many people in your house, feel free to use the smaller box)
1 1/2 c. cinnamon sugar
Vegetable or canola oil
Flavor injector (Jose HAS to have this for his turkey every year so we had one just hanging around…)
1. Cut Grands biscuits into fourths.
2. Prepare pudding and set aside. (Make according to package directions.)
3. Heat about 2″ of oil in a saucepan or heavy pot.
4. When oil reaches 350 degrees, place 3 or 4 balls in and fry until golden brown on all sides.
5. Take the poppers out of the oil and put them straight in the cinnamon sugar. Don’t blot them on a paper towel or the cinnamon sugar won’t stick! The better you cover them, the yummier they will be!!
6. Fill your injector with vanilla pudding and inject the poppers.